forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: generating static pages that are not linked to
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:53:35 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

>> Or, as a very simple solution, not sync it?
>
> I'm not sure what your measure of simple is. Using the CLI to achieve
> what is needed is the simplest solution and requires no customised
> build/deploy targets.
>
> That being said, it is an option, just not one I would use.

I guess all the solutions have drawbacks.

As does above mentioned CLI-solution. Check out
http://forrest.apache.org/mirrors.cgi and you will see that it actually
breaks the Forrest menu system, because the pages added this way will
not have a "place" in the menu-system so that context (where am I) is lost.

I agree with Gavin: It really depends on what you want and need.

The nice part of this discussion is that I finally understand why that
happens with mirrors.cgi :-)

Best regards,
Ferdinand Soethe