forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: generating static pages that are not linked to
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:03:09 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Retrieve http://www.bildungsverein.de/linkmap.html and you will see
> another link to the "hidden" page. This page appears in all Forrest
> generated sites, it is what Forrest uses to as a list of pages that
> need to be generated according to site.xml.

That's what I meant by having an additional sitemap (in the web master
sense of the word).

But this page is not normally linked to from anywhere, is it? So unless
you explicitly build a link to it, a visitor or search engine would
never "find" it, unless they understood Forrest.

Btw: Is this page really needed in the _final site_? In other words
could we not eleminate or at least generate it conditionally?

Or, as a very simple solution, not sync it?

Thorsten wrote:

> The above is as ant target but you can call it like:
> forrest site -Dproject.start-uri=/private/index.html

That sounds nice and easy. But I assume that it would also stop all
hiden pages from being generated once again, right?