forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: generating static pages that are not linked to
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:59:19 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> This does not achieve the effect Patrick is after. As he points out in
> the original mail, having a reference in site.xml results in the link
> appearing in the page (although it is not visible). That will result
> in content being indexed by search engines, which is precisely what
> Patrick wants to avoid.

I disagree.
I wrote the mechanism in scales so it will not simply hide the menu
entry in the page but not put it in there in the first place unless the
page is the current page.

Check out
http://www.bildungsverein.de/dozentinnen/auto_dozentinnen_uebersicht.html
then the navigate to the first entry
http://www.bildungsverein.de/dozentinnen/auto_Nagy-Abd-El-Malek.html

The first page has NO menu link to the second page at all. The link in
the first page used to navigate to the second is optional.

So unless you have an additional sitemap that lists all pages I don't
see any references.

Best regards,
Ferdinand Soethe