forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: generating static pages that are not linked to
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 00:42:01 GMT
Patrick Ohly wrote:

> so many responsens - thanks a lot. I should have asked much earlier ;-)

Yes, and as you can see, other people learn something from
the discussion too.

> David Crossley wrote:
> > Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > >
> > > In the mailing list archives I found the hint to add a href without
> > > description, but the URL would still be in the source of the generated
> > > HTML, it's just not visible. It doesn't validate either with forrest
> > > 0.8.
> > >
> > > Any other suggestions?
> >
> > I might be seeing the hint that you refer to at
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-480
> > Are you sure that that causes validation errors
> > in document-v20 xdoc?
>
> No, it works as intended - I wasn't paying enough attention to the
> error, it referred to something else.
>
> > See http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#cli-xconf
> > It hints at the solution, but only shows how to
> > exclude files.
> >
> > This directs Apache Cocoon to add extra URIs for
> > processing. See
> > http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/howto/howto-asf-mirror.html#link
> >
> > However see the link to issue FOR-480 below that.
> > I see that we have not updated the howto doc
> > to show the proper workaround.
>
> I have done that and the additional URIs are mentioned in the list of
> files that forrest works on. What I have problems with is figuring out
> to what the path in the "dest" attribute (FOR-300) is relative to:
> absolute paths worked, relative ones don't (no error message, no file).
>
> > Look in site-author/conf/cli.xconf search for "mirrors".
>
> It uses dest="../../site-author/build/site". That might be relative to
> site-author/conf/, but going up the corresponding number of levels
> relative to my cli.xconf didn't work. Any suggestions?

It is probably relative to $FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/

Try omitting the "dest" attribute, then search your
filesystem to find where the file was generated to,
then add the "dest" attribute again.

Oh, i wonder if you completely followed the FAQ
http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#cli-xconf
to declare your cli.xconf properly in forrest.properties

-David