forrest-user mailing list archives

From Stuart Yeates <stuart.yea...@oucs.ox.ac.uk>
Subject use of https: protocol in xinclude?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:57:19 GMT

I'm attempting to use an https: protocol request in an xinclude tag and am getting the following
error:

"unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

I interpret this to mean that forrest is attempting to find (locally) a trusted certificate
that matches that used by the remote host and is failing. Since https: is a security oriented
protocol, this is probably the correct behavior. My question is how I configure forrest either
(a) look in a specific file for the certificate or (b) turn off validation of certificates.

The server (a subversion server) allows anonymous access, is accessible from a web browser
on the same machine.

I'm aware that there are security certificates at the JVM level which I could  use, either
by adding it /etc/java-1.5.0-sun/security/cacerts or a commandline option when starting the
JVM, but these seem clumsy overkill.

cheers
stuart