forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: integrate authentication-fw in forrest 0.8
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:54:00 GMT
On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 08:56 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 26/06/07, Thorsten Scherler
> <thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 09:14 +0100, llamar burgess wrote:
> > > lo,
> > >
> > > is there any working solution for integrating cocoon blocks (esp.
> > > authentication-fw, session, databases) into forrest 0.8 by now?
> > >
> > > I found an example for forrest 0.6 on the net @
> > > http://www.batlin.com/forrest/blocks.html and an older wiki entry @
> > > http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/AddingCocoonBlocksToForrest, but these
> > > solutions do not seem to work for me.
> > >
> > > Furthermore i found some interesting discussions on the mailing lists
> > > about integrating cocoon blocks by forrest plugins, but no lead to any
> > > results...
> > >
> > > The Problem i ran into following the suggestions from
> > > http://www.batlin.com/ is, that building the authentication-fw and
> > > session block in cocoon (2.1.7), also seems to change the
> > > cocoon-2.1.7.jar itself.
> > >

> > Forrest is using a certain revision of Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev. We need
> > to update our cocoon revision to the current trunk of cocoon but nobody
> > took the time till now.
>
> I thought current Cocoon trunk had removed the CLI and so we can't
> update. Is my memory faulty again?

Nupp, you are right that they have removed the CLI. Anyway we can update
but need to implement a CLI or a crawler. I once hacked a apache droids,
which needs some small enhancements but it could be used as CLI
replacement.

I do not ATM have any time to do an update of cocoon but if someone
would do it I volunteer to make droids ready.

salu2