forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: integrate authentication-fw in forrest 0.8
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:33:50 GMT
On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 09:14 +0100, llamar burgess wrote:
> lo,
>
> is there any working solution for integrating cocoon blocks (esp.
> authentication-fw, session, databases) into forrest 0.8 by now?
>
> I found an example for forrest 0.6 on the net @
> http://www.batlin.com/forrest/blocks.html and an older wiki entry @
> http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/AddingCocoonBlocksToForrest, but these
> solutions do not seem to work for me.
>
> Furthermore i found some interesting discussions on the mailing lists
> about integrating cocoon blocks by forrest plugins, but no lead to any
> results...
>
> The Problem i ran into following the suggestions from
> http://www.batlin.com/ is, that building the authentication-fw and
> session block in cocoon (2.1.7), also seems to change the
> cocoon-2.1.7.jar itself.

Forrest is using a certain revision of Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev. We need
to update our cocoon revision to the current trunk of cocoon but nobody
took the time till now.

> Without adding the cocoon-2.1.7.jar to forrest i get errors like:
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Errors during initializing Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev :
> Unknown component type 'session-manager' at
> file:/C:/apache-tomcat-6.0.10/webapps/enter/WEB-INF/xconf/forrest-core.xconf:848:51
> (i added things to the forrest-core.xconf)
>
> And then by adding the cocoon-2.1.7.jar to forrest i get the following
> error:
> SCHWERWIEGEND: Servlet /enter threw load() exception
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> Lorg/apache/excalibur/instrument/manager/DefaultInstrumentManager;
>
> I run this forrest project as webapp => these failures show up in
> tomcats localhost.log
>
> Any thoughts?

Yes, you need to compile cocoon-2.2.0-dev and use the outcoming jar for
forrest. Like said we are ATM very outdated regarding the revision and
it seems nobody has time to try an update.

salu2