forrest-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Ohly <Patrick.O...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Stop PDF Summary...
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:26:14 GMT

Okay, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-355#action_12505910

> With respect to your question, if disable-toc is not present in the
> skinconf.xml file is it not set and so your test against it will
> always resolve to true:
>
> <xsl:if test="$disable-toc != 'true' and $toc-max-depth > 0">

If that expression was true for an unset disable-toc, I would get the
TOC as desired, but it seems to evaluate to false although
"$disable-toc" is not equal to 'true'.

> The way around this is to add the disable-toc parameter to the default skinconf.

I agree that this make sense, but I don't like to force users to update
their skinconf to preserve the behavior they are used to. I found that
by adding string() like this I get the desired behavior:
  <xsl:variable name="disable-toc" select="string(//skinconfig/pdf/disable-toc)"/>

The patch in Jira has that change.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly