forrest-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Ohly <patrick.o...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Stop PDF Summary...
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:44:07 GMT
On Fr, 2007-02-09 at 20:44 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> greg.vaco@cox.net wrote:
> > How do I turn off the summary that's being created above my table of
> > contents in each of the page-level PDFs?  It appears to be generated
> > by the PDF Outline XSLT in common skins (src\documentation\skins
> > \common\xslt\fo\pdfoutline.xsl), but I'm not positive.
>
> You are correct in that pdfoutline.xsl generates the outline. This is
> called from the root document-2-fo.xsl.
>
> Currently there is no configuration option for removing this outline.
> Adding one in is an easy job, just look at the way skinconf.xml values
> are used elsewhere in document-2-fo.xsl. Of course, you could create
> your own skin and provide your own XSL that does not call the outline.
> But providing a patch to make it configurable would be well recieved here.

I also wanted to turn off the TOC, so I patched the 0.8
main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/fo/document-to-fo.xsl - see attachement. I
don't know where "forrest seed" takes the skinconf.xml from, so I didn't
patch anything related to that. Here's what I added to my project's
skinconf.xml:
    <!--
      Disable the generation of the table of content on the first page
      of the PDF. By default the TOC is generated.
    -->
    <disable-toc>true</disable-toc>
  </pdf>

There's one problem with the patch: if <disable-toc> is not set in
skinconf.xml, then the TOC is disabled nevertheless. I'm not sure why;
what is the xsl:variable "disable-toc" set to in that case?

If <disable-toc> is present, then it works as expected: only "true"
disables the TOC, any other string generates the TOC.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly