forrest-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Ohly <Patrick.O...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: generating static pages that are not linked to
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:44:43 GMT
Hello,

so many responsens - thanks a lot. I should have asked much earlier ;-)

On Do, 2007-06-14 at 10:25 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> Patrick Ohly wrote:
> >
> > I have a public web site for which I generate all content as static
> > pages with "forrest site", then install with "rsync". This is working
> > well and after going through the initial learning steps I have been very
> > happy with forrest.
>
> That is great to hear.
>
> A "deploy.rsync" workstage for the Forrestbot would be
> fanstastic. If you want to join us on the dev mail list.
> Nudge, nudge.
> http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html

Sorry, I'm nudge-resistant. I like to contribute to open source projects
that I use, but in this case I don't know much about the underlying
technology. Perhaps if I get bored (not likely) I'll try to change that.

> > In the mailing list archives I found the hint to add a href without
> > description, but the URL would still be in the source of the generated
> > HTML, it's just not visible. It doesn't validate either with forrest
> > 0.8.
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> I might be seeing the hint that you refer to at
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-480
> Are you sure that that causes validation errors
> in document-v20 xdoc?

No, it works as intended - I wasn't paying enough attention to the
error, it referred to something else.

> See http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#cli-xconf
> It hints at the solution, but only shows how to
> exclude files.
>
> This directs Apache Cocoon to add extra URIs for
> processing. See
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/dev/howto/howto-asf-mirror.html#link
>
> However see the link to issue FOR-480 below that.
> I see that we have not updated the howto doc
> to show the proper workaround.

I have done that and the additional URIs are mentioned in the list of
files that forrest works on. What I have problems with is figuring out
to what the path in the "dest" attribute (FOR-300) is relative to:
absolute paths worked, relative ones don't (no error message, no file).

> Look in site-author/conf/cli.xconf search for "mirrors".

It uses dest="../../site-author/build/site". That might be relative to
site-author/conf/, but going up the corresponding number of levels
relative to my cli.xconf didn't work. Any suggestions?

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly