forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: generating static pages that are not linked to
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 11:26:06 GMT
On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 23:05 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a public web site for which I generate all content as static
> pages with "forrest site", then install with "rsync". This is working
> well and after going through the initial learning steps I have been very
> happy with forrest.
>
> There's just one thing that I have not been able to figure out: I want
> to write some pages as xdoc .xml, then have "forrest site" build
> the .html and .pdf for it, but I do not want to link to these files from
> any other page. The purpose is to have one public part which is visible
> to users and search engines and a more private part that I can point
> people to in emails by giving them the "secret" URL. The problem is that
> because "forrest site" only builds pages that are referenced and thus
> does not build the "hidden" pages.
>
> In the mailing list archives I found the hint to add a href without
> description, but the URL would still be in the source of the generated
> HTML, it's just not visible. It doesn't validate either with forrest
> 0.8.

You can make different forrest site runs:
<target name="internal-export">
    <!-- generate private -->
    <antcall target="site">
      <param name="project.home" location="${project.home}"/>
      <param name="project.start-uri"
location="/private/index.html"/>
      <param name="project.build-dir"
        location="${build.dir}/PATH"></param>
    </antcall>

Requesting project.start-uri will not use the locationmap.html but the
url you provide.

The above is as ant target but you can call it like:
forrest site -Dproject.start-uri=/private/index.html

HTH

salu2