forrest-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Ohly <Patrick.O...@gmx.de>
Subject generating static pages that are not linked to
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:05:23 GMT
Hello,

I have a public web site for which I generate all content as static
pages with "forrest site", then install with "rsync". This is working
well and after going through the initial learning steps I have been very
happy with forrest.

There's just one thing that I have not been able to figure out: I want
to write some pages as xdoc .xml, then have "forrest site" build
the .html and .pdf for it, but I do not want to link to these files from
any other page. The purpose is to have one public part which is visible
to users and search engines and a more private part that I can point
people to in emails by giving them the "secret" URL. The problem is that
because "forrest site" only builds pages that are referenced and thus
does not build the "hidden" pages.

In the mailing list archives I found the hint to add a href without
description, but the URL would still be in the source of the generated
HTML, it's just not visible. It doesn't validate either with forrest
0.8.

Any other suggestions?

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly