forrest-user mailing list archives

From Brian M Dube <>
Subject Re: using Subversion keyword substitution instead of published date in skin navstrip - using Forrest 0.8
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 00:48:17 GMT
Brolin Empey wrote:
> On 5/7/07, Brian M Dube <> wrote:
>> A custom Cocoon generator was mentioned in the previous thread for this
>> topic. I can't see how to get what you want without adding data to each
>> source file.
> The idea was to add the expansion of the SVN "Id" keyword as metadata
> to each source file.
> I asked what was meant by "metadata", but did not receive an answer.

XDoc allows meta elements [1] similar to HTML.

> I was thinking that I could include the "Id" keyword in each source
> file, but in the head part of the document or somewhere else other
> than the body so that the expansion of the "Id" keyword is not visible
> when the document is viewed.  Maybe then I could extract the expansion
> of the "Id" keyword from the source file and include it in the skin
> footer of the generated static page?

For example:

After setting the relevant svn properties, your custom skin could make
use of this metadata as you see fit. Pelt relies on common for this part
of the document. See how common handles it [2] as a reference and let us
know if you get stuck.

View raw message