forrest-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Brolin Empey" <>
Subject Re: using Subversion keyword substitution instead of published date in skin navstrip - using Forrest 0.8
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 19:59:14 GMT
I might consider using the dispatcher in the future, if I need to make
more changes to the pelt skin.  For now, I will settle with hacking
pelt to fit my needs. :)

I copied the "common" skin because the documentation I read about
creating a new skin said to do so.

I should have been more clear about which changes I wanted to get
committed.  I wanted my changes to the pelt skin to be committed, not
my entire copied skin.

If you use "grep -F" to match a fixed string then you do not need to
escape the period character in the pattern as you do when using grep
to match a regex.  I am not sure how portable "grep -F" is, though.
It works with GNU grep, which is pretty much all that matters in the
desktop Linux world. :)

Thank you so much! :D
pelt-brolin is successfully using the "rev_id" metadata property from
my source file now!

You are correct.  I realise that the behaviour of my variable is
confusing.  My plan was to get things working first, then worry about
making the configuration more logical.

I know there are plenty of existing examples.  I also know how to use
find(1).  The problem was that I could not find any examples of what I
was trying to do: extract text from a "meta" element in the "header"
section of a source file.  I did search for a suitable example, but
could not find one.  That is why I decided to ask on this list.

View raw message