forrest-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using Subversion keyword substitution instead of published date in skin navstrip - using Forrest 0.8
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 02:11:56 GMT
Brolin Empey wrote:
>
> David:
> I copied the "common" skin because the documentation I read about
> creating a new skin said to do so.

Thanks, we we need to remember to update such docs
when we fix it to use Locationmap.

> Brian:
> Thank you so much! :D
> pelt-brolin is successfully using the "rev_id" metadata property from
> my source file now!

Great.

> David:
> You are correct.  I realise that the behaviour of my variable is
> confusing.  My plan was to get things working first, then worry about
> making the configuration more logical.

Fair enough.

> I know there are plenty of existing examples.  I also know how to use
> find(1). 

My hints were intended to reach others too, not just you.

> The problem was that I could not find any examples of what I
> was trying to do: extract text from a "meta" element in the "header"
> section of a source file.

Earlier we suggested using the "header/version" element, and
the FAQ talks about that. So following its processing
would give the general idea.

>  I did search for a suitable example, but
> could not find one.  That is why I decided to ask on this list.

Good, and your questions probably help others
to do similar things.

-David

Mime
View raw message