forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Could not find component for role" after upgrading to 0.8
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 08:28:58 GMT
Brolin Empey wrote:
> I solved the problem.
>
> I did not know what to do for the "Forrest configuration
> simplification" step because I could not find any text to replace in
> site.xml .

The upgrade instructions do not mention the site.xml

It sounds like you are getting confused:

The "Cocoon Sitemaps" i.e. any file ending with *.xmap
is the system to enable Cocoon to know how to process
different types of input and output.

The site.xml is the menu navigation and linking
configuration file.

> I did a recursive grep in my Forrest "src" directory and found that I
> had to edit sitemap.xmap instead of site.xml .  Perhaps the upgrade
> instructions could be more clear about which files need to be edited?

I added another section at the bottom to explain
that you can remove a project sitemap.xmap if you
are not using it.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#project-sitemap

I also showed the error message at
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/upgrading_08.html#modules
which should help with FAQ searching.

Hope that helps others to avoid this mishap.

-David