Hi,

Here's what you asked :-)

D:\>java -version
java version " 1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)

I deleted java, javaw, javaws & javacpl from windows\system32

Then I added JAVA_HOME\bin to the path

D:\>java  -version
java version " 1.5.0_11"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

did a forrest seed and forrest and still the same problem.

I changed my JAVA_HOME and set it to java 1.4

D:\retest1>java -version
java version "1.4.2_14"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_14-b05)

and still the same problem.

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/forrest/log/ForrestLogTargetFactory (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)

Do you know why and when this error occurs ? If I understand when, maybe I would be able to hack forrest at a later time in the process of building the site ?

Thanks

schumarer schumarer wrote:

> Is it possible that forrest use another "java" that the one pointed in
> %java_home% ?

Since you are on windows, yes. Windows hijacks Java so us poor users
can't do what we want with our own machines.

Please open a shell and do "java -version" what are you seeing?

If you get something suprising then delete/tename java.exe in
WIndows/system32 and Forrest should use whatever you have set in JAVA_HOME

There is no danger (to other apps) in removing this java.exe as long as
your path environment variable includes the path to the java you want to
use.

Ross