Yes yes, I use Sun's JDK.

Even if JAVA_HOME points on the jdk root folder, it doesn't work either.

D:\retest1>echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11

same error :(

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass (

When I use jdk 1.4.2
D:\retest1>echo %JAVA_HOME%

I have exactly the same error :-S

Is it possible that forrest use another "java" that the one pointed in %java_home% ?

I tried with so many different version and updates that I'm sure I have like 10 different version of java installed now :-))

Any clue?

On 4/11/07, Ross Gardler <> wrote:
schumarer schumarer wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using java 1.5 (update 11) but I also tried java 1.4.2 and I'm on
> Windows XP Sp 2 :-)

I assume you mean Suns JDK (certainly looks like it from the version

> D:\retest1>echo %JAVA_HOME%
> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\jre

Java home should be set to the JDK not the JRE

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_11