forrest-user mailing list archives

From Paul.Div...@alcatel-lucent.fr
Subject Fw: [apache-forrest-0.8] problem with org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:49:43 GMT
Hi,
I try the solution

SET JAVA_HOME=D:\Documents and Settings\divine1\My Documents\j2sdk1.4.2_03
set FORREST_HOME=D:\DATA\apache\apache-forrest-0.8
set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%FORREST_HOME%\bin
forrest run

but I got he same result when I try to reach

http://mysite/index.html

that is to say the browser displays

HTTP ERROR: 500
org%2Fapache%2Fforrest%2Fgeneration%2FModuleGenerator+%28Unsupported+major%2Eminor+version+49%2E0%29

and on the windows command windows

12:03:57.155 WARN!! Error for /index.html
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/forrest/generation/ModuleGenerator (Unsupported major.minor
version 49.0)
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)

Paul

----- Forwarded by Paul DIVINE/FR/ALCATEL on 23/04/2007 13:41 -----

"Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
Sent by: ross.gardler@googlemail.com
23/04/2007 13:07
Please respond to user

        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Fw: [apache-forrest-0.8] problem with
org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule

On 23/04/07, Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoirieux@pcotech.fr> wrote:
> le 23/04/2007 12:43 Ross Gardler a écrit :
> > It is not necessarily a path problem, since this is a windows
platform.

> > Windows has a java.exe in one of the system directories. That needs to
> > be removed in order for windows to find the java instance you want it
> > to use. If you remove it you need to make sure your JAVA_HOME/bin is
> > also in the path environment variable.
> Haa, you see that you also talk about the Path ;-) .

Yes, but the gotcha is that you can have JAVA_HOME in your path but
windows will still use the one it wants to (i.e. the one in the system
directory).

Therefore, your path can be correctly set, but the bahaviour is not as
you desire.

Ross