forrest-user mailing list archives

From "schumarer schumarer" <>
Subject Re: How can I start using Forrest?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:30:18 GMT

Here's what you asked :-)

D:\>java -version
> java version "1.6.0"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)

I deleted java, javaw, javaws & javacpl from windows\system32

Then I added JAVA_HOME\bin to the path

D:\>java  -version
> java version "1.5.0_11"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

did a forrest seed and forrest and still the same problem.

I changed my JAVA_HOME and set it to java 1.4

D:\retest1>java -version
> java version "1.4.2_14"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_14-b05)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_14-b05, mixed mode)

and still the same problem.

> org/apache/forrest/log/ForrestLogTargetFactory (Unsupported major.minorversion
> 50.0)

Do you know why and when this error occurs ? If I understand when, maybe I
would be able to hack forrest at a later time in the process of building the
site ?

On 4/11/07, Ross Gardler <> wrote:
> schumarer schumarer wrote:
> > Is it possible that forrest use another "java" that the one pointed in
> > %java_home% ?
> Since you are on windows, yes. Windows hijacks Java so us poor users
> can't do what we want with our own machines.
> Please open a shell and do "java -version" what are you seeing?
> If you get something suprising then delete/tename java.exe in
> WIndows/system32 and Forrest should use whatever you have set in JAVA_HOME
> There is no danger (to other apps) in removing this java.exe as long as
> your path environment variable includes the path to the java you want to
> use.
> Ross

View raw message