forrest-user mailing list archives

From "schumarer schumarer" <schuma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I start using Forrest?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:30:18 GMT
Hi,

Here's what you asked :-)

D:\>java -version
> java version "1.6.0"
> Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)

I deleted java, javaw, javaws & javacpl from windows\system32

Then I added JAVA_HOME\bin to the path

D:\>java  -version
> java version "1.5.0_11"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

did a forrest seed and forrest and still the same problem.

I changed my JAVA_HOME and set it to java 1.4

D:\retest1>java -version
> java version "1.4.2_14"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_14-b05)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_14-b05, mixed mode)

and still the same problem.

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> org/apache/forrest/log/ForrestLogTargetFactory (Unsupported major.minorversion
> 50.0)

Do you know why and when this error occurs ? If I understand when, maybe I
would be able to hack forrest at a later time in the process of building the
site ?

Thanks