forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Ross Gardler" <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [apache-forrest-0.8] Is there a simile.mit.edu/exhibit equivalent functionnality in Forrest
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:31:12 GMT
On 23/04/07, Paul.Divine@alcatel-lucent.fr
<Paul.Divine@alcatel-lucent.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
> The tool exhibit http://simile.mit.edu/exhibit/ , can display data the user
> can select, sort. The data are put in a  file with the JSON format (a format
> easy to evaluate in javascript).
> Is this functionality in Forrest?  Or is it easy to adapt or to make a
> plugin?

This functionality is not currently available, however...

I do have a half implemented version of this in the whiteboard DOAP
plugin. I have stylesheets and matchers in there to create the JSON
data files from the DOAP data. It is not complete and doesn't qork
yet, needs some tweaking on the XSLT to make the JSON files correct.

Once this is done I intend to write some contracts for the dispatcher
to provide the necessary Exhibit javascript code.

Right now my work on this has stalled as other work takes priority,
but I do intend to make it happen. So, if you want this stuff please
join us on the dev list and we can work together on it.

Ross