forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: credit buttons missing from footer of static pages 3 levels deep
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 09:02:30 GMT
Brolin Empey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with a small Forrest site:  Forrest does not include
> the credit buttons in the footer of the static HTML page when the page
> is 3 levels below the site root in the directory tree.

> Any ideas?

This is by design.

It's not actually about how many levels there are. Credits are only
displayed on "index.html" pages, regardless of their depth in the
document tree.

Ideally this should be customisable in skinconf.xml.

Take a look in
FORREST_HOME/main\webapp\skins\pelt\xslt\html\site-to-xhtml.xsl (that's
SVN head, if you are on 0.7 it is the same path but site2xhtml.xsl) and
search for

<xsl:if test="$filename = 'index.html' and $config/credits">

If you are willing to make this customisable we'd welcome a patch. For a
method of doing this customisation search the same file for

<xsl:if test="$config/motd">

which uses a pattern defined in sinconf to decide when the MOTD should
be displayed.

We'd also welcome a patch to our docs at
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html to make this clearer.

Ross