forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using Subversion keyword substitution instead of published date in skin navstrip
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 09:34:29 GMT
Brolin Empey wrote:
> When you say I need to add the date as metadata, where would I add the
> date?  Do you mean by using meta elements in the head section of the
> xdocs source file?

Like I said, in 0.7 meta-data handling is poor. Better to switch to 0.8
first. There's no point in you doing the work for 0.7 only to have to
change in 0.8.

> Ideally I would like for Forrest to be able to access the SVN metadata
> without having to use and enable SVN keyword substitution for each
> source file.  Is this possible?

Almost certainly it will be. But Forrest does not currently support
this, it will require a new Cocoon Genereator, hence some Java coding.
If you are interested then join us on the Dev list where we can provide
some background info on how to do it.

> How soon is "very soon" to you?  By the end of next week?  By the end of
> April?

The vote has not finished yet, but you can see the proposed timeline
(and the vote) in http://marc.info/?t=117496909600002&r=1&w=2

The final release date (if passed in the above vote) is intended to be
Monday 2007-04-16 at 22:00 UTC

Of course, this is dependant on no blockers being discovered during the
testing phase.

Ross