forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [apache-forrest-0.8] problem with the "forest seed" sample site on the http://mysite/samples/ address : "Resource Not Found"
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 00:00:04 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I've not test this but it sounds like a bug - I vaguely recall
> something about this but don't have the time to check it out right
> now. Can you please create an issue for this.

Putting this match as the very first match in
main/webapp/sitemap.xmap will fix it ...

<map:match pattern="**/">
  <map:redirect-to uri="index.html" />
</map:match>

There is a similar match in the "redirects" section
at the very end of sitemap.xmap to handle the
localhost:8888/ and redirect to localhost:8888/index.html

Putting the abovementioned "**/" match in that
redirects section does not work.

However, the issue is more complex. See the comments in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-762

-David