forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Editing dispatcher resources
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 23:27:36 GMT
Brian M Dube wrote:
> >I looked over the documentation about taking advantage of the catalog
> >entity resolver in the editing environment [1] and I would like to use
> >this to streamline dispatcher structurer, contract, and panel
> >development. I tried using find and grep to locate a DTD or schema for
> >these resources, but I didn't see anything. Did I miss them or do they
> >not exist? It's easy enough to have an editor check that a document is
> >well-formed, but I'm after tag completion as well.
> >
> >[1]
> >http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/catalog.html
> >

> I see that nXML mode for Emacs [2] will support end tag insertion
> without a schema. This will probably suffice. Other thoughts are welcome.
>
> [2]
> http://www.thaiopensource.com/nxml-mode/

No we don't have schema for them.

Personally, i would prefer that we use RELAX NG,
but definitely not DTDs. Although we do have the catalog
entity resolver to assist, it is extra processing during
parsing that we do not need.

Anyway, please do discussion about this on the dev list.
The Dispatcher is still a "dev" topic, and its structure
can still be evolving.

-David