forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How can I start using Forrest?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:03:52 GMT
On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 12:30 +0200, schumarer schumarer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's what you asked :-)
>

>                 D:\>java -version
>                 java version " 1.6.0"
>                 Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
>                 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed
>                 mode)
>

> I deleted java, javaw, javaws & javacpl from windows\system32
>

> Then I added JAVA_HOME\bin to the path
>

>         D:\>java  -version
>         java version " 1.5.0_11"
>         Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
>         1.5.0_11-b03)
>         Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode,
>         sharing)
>

> did a forrest seed and forrest and still the same problem.

No you FIRST need to "build.bat clean" and "build.bat" again with
jdk<1.6 in $FORREST_HOME/main.

1.6 is not working properly with some targets (I found out the other
day). I reckon you build with 1.6, but you need 1.5 or 1.4.

Please try to build clean and then forrest seed and forrest. I reckon
that will fix it.

Thanks for sticking with us.

BTW we are in the middle of releasing 0.8 you may want to use this for
your new developments.

salu2