forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Vassilis Koutavas" <vassi...@gmail.com>
Subject Generating an aggregated xml from all the files in a directory
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 20:32:42 GMT
What is the right way to create one aggregated xml file from all the
xml files in a directory?
I think I need to use map:aggregate, map:part, and dir:directory in my
sitemap.xml, but I don't quite understand how to put them together. I
don't know how many files will be in the directory, thus I don't know
how many parts the aggregation will have.

Let's say that in my xdocs I have the directory called "the/dir/" in
which there are a number of xml files, and I want to create a file
called "the-list.xml" (in the same direcory) which will contain the
contents of all the xml files in that directory, under a common
element called "elements". After I have this I know how to transform
it using an xsl, and produce the final html file.

Best
--
Vassilis