forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using Subversion keyword substitution instead of published date in skin navstrip
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:45:49 GMT
Brolin Empey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Subversion to manage the content source for multiple Web
> sites built with Forrest.  The "Last Published" date on the HTML pages
> that Forrest generates is not useful, for reasons I will not mention
> here.  Consequently, I would like to have the expansion of
> Subversion's "Id" keyword [1] used instead of the "Last Published"
> text.
>
> Is this possible?

David has already linked to docs on the use of CVS keywords, he is
working on updating that doc to reflect SVN keywords. However, this does
not put the content in the "Last Published" part of the page (as David
later observed)

You'll need to modify your skin [1] to do this. Fortunately it won't be
too difficult I don't think. The starting point is to find the part of
the skin that created the "Last Published" line and adapt it to work the
way the publication of the keywords works in the example provided by the
FAQ David links to.

I'm afraid I don't have time to look into this in any detail right now,
but thought a hint may be better than silence. Feel free to follow up
with more questions to flesh the hint out.

Ross

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/your-project.html#skins
[2] http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/faq.html#CVS_revison_tags