forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: easily insert CSS for a single file?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:48:51 GMT
Stuart Yeates wrote:
> I'm playing with converting an HTML table into a CSS table (for better accessibility,
comply with local guidelines, etc) and would like to know where to put the CSS to give it
the narrowest scope possible (ideally a single file or class of files).

[The following is for completeness, please see the end of this mail for
recommendations for your specific case]

In 0.7 there is no mechanism for per file CSS, you can have a single
file for all project docs. To customise the CSS you can either create
your own skin [1] or you can add extra CSS classes to the extra-css
element in skinconf.xml.

In 0.8-dev you could use the dispatcher, but that is in the whiteboard
and only recommended for the adventurous (although a number of devs are
using it in preference to skins these days).

> I'm not keen to update the global CSS files because I'm aware that CSS can require a
lot of platform- and browser-specific tweaking and I'd rather not break things for everyone.
> I'm using the DOAP plugin in the whiteboard, if that matters.

I can add a little info to Stuarts needs as he is a colleague (but I do
not know the answer). We are using the dispatcher, currently a
customised version of the pelt theme.

View raw message