forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't create a multi-language static site
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:23:06 GMT
Andrew Telford wrote:
> I am using the current svn HEAD (r520669). I added
>
> project.i18n=true

> The comment that comes with the "project.i18n" property says that "if you want to use
it for static site then modify the JVM system.language and run once per language".  This part
escapes me.  I have tried various things, like adding "forrest.jvmargs=-Dsystem.language=fr"
or "forrest.jvmargs="-Dsystem.language=fr"" to forrest.properties, doing an "export LANG=fr"
in the shell before running forrest, etc., but nothing seems to result in forrest generating
content in build/site/fr.

> Can anyone give some specific instructions to help me "run once per language" to generate
a multilanguage static site? I am on gentoo linux.

Does http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.forrest.user/3620 help?

It would be really useful if you could write an outline doc describing
how you get i18n working. This comes up fairly frequently and we
disparately need a doc (as you have discovered). It doesn't matter if it
is not complete, just something more than we currently have.

Ross