forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <m...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: comment-lines from html to xml to fo...
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:37:53 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> These are commented out meta-element in the XDoc, they are not the
> actual meta-elements. Please see the above comment in context for an
> example.

Hmmm. Might have misunderstood the discussion but I read

> I start with a normal html-document which contains for several reasons some meta-information
in its head like this

> <head>
> <title>Some title...</title>

to mean that he has normal meta elements in html which will(should)
become meta elements in xdoc and will turn into empty comments somewhere
down the pipeline.

> Are you saying that the commented meta-elements are used anywhere? I am
> not aware of such a thing, and if they are used I do not understand why
> they are commented out.

No, no problem with things commented out.
If that was a misunderstanding please ignore my comments.

Regards,
Ferdinand Soethe