forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Emmel <em...@abaqus.de>
Subject Re: comment-lines from html to xml to fo...
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:02:51 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure why the meta tags are left in the xdoc format. Perhaps a
>>> debugging remnant. I suspect it would be safe to remove the relevant XSL
>>> that produces these comments.
>>
>> Please don't remove the meta-elements in these transformations as they
>> are needed for transporting a number of different pieces of info about
>> the source document from source to final html.
>
> These are commented out meta-element in the XDoc, they are not the
> actual meta-elements. Please see the above comment in context for an
> example.
>
> Are you saying that the commented meta-elements are used anywhere? I am
> not aware of such a thing, and if they are used I do not understand why
> they are commented out.
>
> Ross

I use this meta-elements for additional chapter-counters, so that I have
in my html-pages e.g. 2.5.x.x.x... and in the pdf too.
Therefore I add
to my .html
In site-to-xhtml.xsl I process this information e.g. for every section.
I know that is a dirty hack and it produces e.g. this
<h1>

Which looks realy ugly :-( in code but the result in the browser is
looking good and that counts for our projects...

However this meta is not valid vor the DTD and hence - I think - it is
commented out. Although it gets processed (bug?).

Give me a better work-around than using meta and I will be happy (And
give me the time to implement that :-)))

Thomas