forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: comment-lines from html to xml to fo...
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:37:41 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure why the meta tags are left in the xdoc format. Perhaps a
>> debugging remnant. I suspect it would be safe to remove the relevant XSL
>> that produces these comments.
>
> Please don't remove the meta-elements in these transformations as they
> are needed for transporting a number of different pieces of info about
> the source document from source to final html.

These are commented out meta-element in the XDoc, they are not the
actual meta-elements. Please see the above comment in context for an
example.

Are you saying that the commented meta-elements are used anywhere? I am
not aware of such a thing, and if they are used I do not understand why
they are commented out.

Ross