forrest-user mailing list archives

From Evangelos Vlachogiannis <evl...@aegean.gr>
Subject Re: Generating an aggregated xml from all the files in a directory
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 20:43:44 GMT
Hi Vasili,

I think you need Xpathdirectory Generator
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xpathdirectory-generator.html). I
hope this is included in forrest..
Then you just have a root element (elements) and call an xpath
expression to include what ever elements you need from xmls in dir.

hope that helps,
Vangelis

Vassilis Koutavas wrote:
> What is the right way to create one aggregated xml file from all the
> xml files in a directory?
> I think I need to use map:aggregate, map:part, and dir:directory in my
> sitemap.xml, but I don't quite understand how to put them together. I
> don't know how many files will be in the directory, thus I don't know
> how many parts the aggregation will have.
>
> Let's say that in my xdocs I have the directory called "the/dir/" in
> which there are a number of xml files, and I want to create a file
> called "the-list.xml" (in the same direcory) which will contain the
> contents of all the xml files in that directory, under a common
> element called "elements". After I have this I know how to transform
> it using an xsl, and produce the final html file.
>
> Best

Evangelos Vlachogiannis
Researcher - PhD. Candidate
Contact: http://www.syros.aegean.gr/users/evlach/contactme.php