forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Brolin Empey" <brolin.em...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using Subversion keyword substitution instead of published date in skin navstrip
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 00:33:02 GMT
Normally I would not like to edit the skin provided by Forrest as I
have done, for the maintenance reason you cited.  However, the
document I read on creating a new skin seemed to strongly discourage
users from creating their own skin unless they could not do what they
wanted by modifying an existing skin.

When you say I need to add the date as metadata, where would I add the
date?  Do you mean by using meta elements in the head section of the
xdocs source file?

Ideally I would like for Forrest to be able to access the SVN metadata
without having to use and enable SVN keyword substitution for each
source file.  Is this possible?

How soon is "very soon" to you?  By the end of next week?  By the end of April?

Brolin