forrest-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Telford <blaahm...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Can't create a multi-language static site
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:03:00 GMT
I am using the current svn HEAD (r520669). I added

project.i18n=true

to my site's forrest.properties file and copied the sites main index.xml to index.fr.xml.

Now if I do a "forrest run" the browser picks up the correct version of the index file if
I swap my browser language from "en" to "fr".

If I do a "forrest site" the static site is created, but  under build/site/en rather than
build/site.  So far so good.

The comment that comes with the "project.i18n" property says that "if you want to use it for
static site then modify the JVM system.language and run once per language".  This part escapes
me.  I have tried various things, like adding "forrest.jvmargs=-Dsystem.language=fr" or "forrest.jvmargs="-Dsystem.language=fr""
to forrest.properties, doing an "export LANG=fr" in the shell before running forrest, etc.,
but nothing seems to result in forrest generating content in build/site/fr.

I have also poked around in the forrest source for clues. Where does cocoon or forrest get
its ${user.language} property from in forrest/main/forrest.build.xml ?

Can anyone give some specific instructions to help me "run once per language" to generate
a multilanguage static site? I am on gentoo linux.

Andrew