forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using Subversion keyword substitution instead of published date in skin navstrip
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 04:24:03 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Brolin Empey wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using Subversion to manage the content source for multiple Web
> > sites built with Forrest.  The "Last Published" date on the HTML pages
> > that Forrest generates is not useful, for reasons I will not mention
> > here.  Consequently, I would like to have the expansion of
> > Subversion's "Id" keyword [1] used instead of the "Last Published"
> > text.
> >
> > Is this possible?
> >
> > I am using:
> > - Forrest v0.7
> > - pelt skin
> > - java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.10
> > - Linux v2.6.18 (i686, Mepis distribution but using mostly Debian packages)
> > - svn: v1.4.2 (r22196) on client, v1.4.0 (r21228) on server
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brolin
> >
> > [1]
> > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.advanced.props.special.keywords
>
> The following FAQ talks about CVS Keywords
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/faq.html#CVS_revison_tags
>
> However, i think that this will also work with Subversion
> as long as you have set the relevant svn property for the
> source file.
>
> Please tell us how you go. If you can manage it please contribute
> a patch for the FAQ.

Woops, i didn't interpret your message properly.
The technique i talked about is for the body of the page.

You want to something different. That is perhaps not possible,
as it is done with Javascript.

Also i see that the body-of-page ability was removed
(perhaps by accident) in r36355. So the demonstration
from the FAQ does not work.

See main/webapp/skins/pelt/xslt/html/document2html.xsl
around line 57.

Now investigating this on the dev list.

-David