forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using Subversion keyword substitution instead of published date in skin navstrip
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:55:57 GMT
Brolin Empey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Subversion to manage the content source for multiple Web
> sites built with Forrest.  The "Last Published" date on the HTML pages
> that Forrest generates is not useful, for reasons I will not mention
> here.  Consequently, I would like to have the expansion of
> Subversion's "Id" keyword [1] used instead of the "Last Published"
> text.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I am using:
> - Forrest v0.7
> - pelt skin
> - java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.10
> - Linux v2.6.18 (i686, Mepis distribution but using mostly Debian packages)
> - svn: v1.4.2 (r22196) on client, v1.4.0 (r21228) on server
>
> Thanks,
> Brolin
>
> [1]
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.advanced.props.special.keywords

The following FAQ talks about CVS Keywords
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/faq.html#CVS_revison_tags

However, i think that this will also work with Subversion
as long as you have set the relevant svn property for the
source file.

Please tell us how you go. If you can manage it please contribute
a patch for the FAQ.

-David