forrest-user mailing list archives

From "holly" <ho...@edelsonmedia.com>
Subject Re: Problem with rss2document transformation
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:31:36 GMT

Jens Fendler wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently evaluating Forrest (0.7) as a new platform for our
> departmental website.
> One problem I'm experiencing is the conversion from RSS news feeds to
> xdocs format using the rss2document.xsl stylesheet.
>
> Most of the feeds I'd like to include on the site include HTML elements
> within CDATA sections. I'm aware that there's no 1-1 mapping between
> xdoc elements and HTML elements and some elements might not have their
> counterparts in xdocs, but I'd like to preserve at least anchors and
>
> Although the stylesheet uses disable-output-escaping="yes", Forrest
> seems to perform another conversion later on that replaces the inline
> HTML tags with their text entities (ie. &lt;em&gt; instead of <em>)
> (which gives quite an annoying look in the sections' text).
>
> Could somebody give me a hint as to where to look and change this
> behaviour for the rss pages I'm generating?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> 	Jens

{FORREST_HOME}/main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/rss2document.xsl

I always overwrite this and customize it in the app I am working on by placing
it in
{my_app_home}/src/skins/{my_skin}/xslt/html/
then
{my_app_home}/src/resources/stylesheets/all-feeds.xsl pulls the data:
<xml><xsl:stylesheet>{params}{vars}
<xsl:template><rss><channel>
<xsl:for-each select="">
<item></item>
</xsl:for-each>
</channel></rss></xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>

I hope that helps.
One thing to try as well: use this as a template to generate a Google Base xml
file to bulk submit content. Regular rss does not contain the required xml
tags and nesting for this. One of these days I'll make a forrest component for
 generating all rss, googlebase, google sitemap, yahoo/msn sitemap. we need an
automated submission engine too. I'm working on this.

Holly