forrest-user mailing list archives

From Jens Fendler <jfend...@polytechnic.edu.na>
Subject Problem with rss2document transformation
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:05:35 GMT
Hi All,

I'm currently evaluating Forrest (0.7) as a new platform for our
departmental website.
One problem I'm experiencing is the conversion from RSS news feeds to
xdocs format using the rss2document.xsl stylesheet.

Most of the feeds I'd like to include on the site include HTML elements
within CDATA sections. I'm aware that there's no 1-1 mapping between
xdoc elements and HTML elements and some elements might not have their
counterparts in xdocs, but I'd like to preserve at least anchors and

Although the stylesheet uses disable-output-escaping="yes", Forrest
seems to perform another conversion later on that replaces the inline
HTML tags with their text entities (ie. &lt;em&gt; instead of <em>)
(which gives quite an annoying look in the sections' text).

Could somebody give me a hint as to where to look and change this
behaviour for the rss pages I'm generating?

Thanks a lot,
	Jens

--
Jens Fendler <jfendler@polytechnic.edu.na>             13 Storch Street
Lecturer, Department of Software Engineering          Private Bag 13388