forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Kent Butler" <kbut...@tousa.com>
Subject faq pages not rendering
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:45:30 GMT
Hi -
I'm new to Forrest but it looks great so far.  I'm using v0.8 which I
downloaded yesterday.

I ran into a problem using a FAQ page in my document - I don't get any
build errors and I can browse the document just fine, but when I select
my FAQ page on the side-nav, the content pane is blank.

To be clear, everything is rendered except the content of the faq.html
file itself.  I still have side-menu, tabs, images, etc.  It seems like
the renderer that processes 'faqs' DTD content gave up, but..it's the
Forrest sample faq.html.

To troubleshoot this I tried using/comparing stuff from the default
'seed' site.  So my FAQ page is actually the samples/faq.html.  On the
default site ('forrest seed') I can see the page contents fine.

The WEB-INF/logs core.log and error.log look the same as the default
site. Build results for my little project are cleaner than the default
site, but both start up with a few Warnings about some resource
locations.

I'm befuddled. I couldn't find anything in the Versioned Docs addressing
this, known bugs, or mail archives. At least a logged error would give
me something to go on. I've simplified my project as much as possible.

Following is my site.xml and tabs.xml files.  I haven't modified
forrest.properties at all, and only a few changes to skinconf.xml.

------ Contents of my site.xml --------

  <about label="About">
    <index label="Index" href="index.html" description="CRM References
Overview"/>
  </about>

  <reference label="Reference" href="ref/" tab="ref">
    <index label="Overview" href="ref-index.html"/>
    <faq label="Data Import" href="import.html" description="Import FAQ"
/>
  </reference>

------ Contents of my tabs.xml --------

  <tab id="" label="Home" dir="" indexfile="index.html"/>
  <tab id="ref" label="Reference" dir="ref" indexfile="ref-index.html"/>

------ Changes to my skinconf.xml --------

values of the <project-*> tags
values of the <group-*> tags
change <trail> to location="none"
values of <feedback> info

And that's it.  I do have FORREST_HOME defined as a system EnvVar (I'm
using WinXP), and the bin/ dir is in my path.

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas -
Kent