forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to integrate DokuWiki-Pages in my Forrest
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:25:26 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> I'd like to use DokuWiki as my CMS to generate content and Forrest to
> render it. Since DokuWiki has a different syntax from MoinMoin and the
> other wiki supported by our plugin I see two ways of rendering pages in
> forrest:
>
> 1. Adapt the plugin to support DokuWiki-Syntax
>    I'll look into that tonite but it seems beyond me to accomplish that

This would be the best way as it will significantly reduce the
processing required when requesting a document from the wiki since the
wiki does not transform to HTML only to have Forrest transform that to
XDoc. Better to go from wiki to XDoc.

The wiki plugin uses Chaperon to do the transformations. Their docs are
pretty good.

> 2. Use XHTML (that DokuWiki can generate) and have Forrest render it.
>    To do so I added this entry to my site.xml
>
>    <wiki1 label="Leitseite des Wiki" href="/cmspage/start.html"/>
>
>    and this section to my custom sitemap
>
>    <map:match pattern="cmspage/**.xml">
>      <map:generate type="html"
> src="http://www.soethe.net/temp/dokuwiki/doku.php?id={1}&amp;do=export_html"
> />
>                         <map:transform
> src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
>                         <map:serialize type="xml" />
>             </map:match>
>
> Which will in fact render the desired page, but
> unskinned as bare html where I expected it to get skinned in the usual way.
>
> Any ideas what I did wrong?

Are you sure your match is being executed? It doesn't sound like it.
What do you get if you request /cmspage/start.xml? If the above pipeline
is executed (as it should) you will get an Doc version of your XMS page.

Ross