forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: Stop PDF Summary...
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:41:58 GMT
On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 20:44 +0000, Ross Gardler wrote:
> wrote:
> > How do I turn off the summary that's being created above my table of contents in
each of the page-level PDFs?  It appears to be generated by the PDF Outline XSLT in common
skins (src\documentation\skins\common\xslt\fo\pdfoutline.xsl), but I'm not positive.
> You are correct in that pdfoutline.xsl generates the outline. This is
> called from the root document-2-fo.xsl.
> Currently there is no configuration option for removing this outline.
> Adding one in is an easy job, just look at the way skinconf.xml values
> are used elsewhere in document-2-fo.xsl. Of course, you could create
> your own skin and provide your own XSL that does not call the outline.
> But providing a patch to make it configurable would be well recieved here.

In the dispatcher there are a couple of fo contract that you can edit.
This allows you to have different pdf outlines for your project on a
structurer base.

...but the dispatcher still is in the whiteboard so we do not yet
recommend the usage in production. However I am using it in a couple
projects with great success.

Thorsten Scherler
Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions

View raw message