forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Li, Don" <>
Subject RE: OT: plugin for web access to a relational database
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:31:25 GMT
Thanks for the note, Steven.  The following URL,,

seems interesting in the sense that it sort of supports what I'd like to
do, however, a couple of things stand in the way.

*         Derby is unnecessary for my case, guess, I can bypass it

*         From the code sample, it seems that one has to write his own
JSP code, also, the sample does not seem to use MVC framework like FORM
interface and process are all bundled into one page ...  Then what's the
point of plug-in?

*         And don't know if configuring the Web Tools Platform is going
to be pain in the b???

Am wondering if this is a good option for an interim solution (boss
wants something quick and dirty for now)

On the up side, my dev box already has TomCat and JRE installed

Don Li