forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Search box
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:29:36 GMT
Cameron McCormack wrote:
> I’m nearly done getting Batik’s new Forrest-based site ready for
> deployment.  I’d like to keep the Search widget on the pages, but
> Batik’s site is not the whole domain xmlgraphics.apache.org, just the
> pages below xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/.  Is there a way I can make
> the search box generate an inurl:batik term as well as the
> site:xmlgraphics.apache.org to approximate searches under that path more
> closely?  We’re using 0.8-dev.

Not out of the box, but to implement it you "simply" need to edit
site-to-xhtml.xsl [1]- see the code starting with:

<xsl:comment>+
     |start Search
     +</xsl:comment>

(NB: there appears to be duplication in this code - not sure if it can
be refactored to a single template I've not checked. It appears at least
twice.)

What you will need to do is add some code to create your second search
option when the page is below the root URL.

It may be useful for me usefull if I point out that the requested
document path is available in <xsl:param name="path"/>

Ross

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/pelt/xslt/html/site-to-xhtml.xsl?revision=436661&view=markup