forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Exception to "forrest clean"
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:40:05 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 11:02 -0500, Li, Don wrote:
> Please see below.

archive.

> > Any documentation how all these pieces fit together like which piece
> is
> > executed first and which one depends on which one?
>
> I am not sure whether I understand the question. Which pieces do you
> mean?
>
> salu2
> Sorry.  I meant, Forrest uses ant

for (pointing out the main usage)

- building main dis
- invoke
-- dynamic forrest (run target) via jetty
-- crawling forrest (site target) via cocoon cli
- build plugins
- copy skin resources
- seed a new project

> and some sort of XSL package as well
> in its Task of generating HTML documents (with desired format) / PDF
> documents etc. from XML files.

This is done via the cocoon command line (forrest is cocoon based). ->
target: site

>  This process involves quite a few
> {configuration} files like forrrest.properties,

well, there is the default.forrrest.properties, forrrest.properties and
properties defined by different targets.

> forrest.build.xml,
> site.xml etc.

are the files where we define our ant targets.

> Of these files, what is the execution order (for each of them)?

That highly depend on the target you execute, for more information you
would need to look up each target code and follow the processing. I am
afraid we do not have an extensive documentation of this code as
document (the commands inline will help you), we would very much welcome
such documentation.

> Many thanks.

you are welcome.

salu2