forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exception to "forrest clean"
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:00:56 GMT
On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 10:23 -0500, Li, Don wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  Please see below.  Also, I have not
> subscribed to the list yet, so, doing copy and paste for now, the
> indent may not be obvious, sorry about that.

hmm, I am moderator and need you to ask to subscribe since I may miss to
moderate your mail and it will end up in the trash. Sad.

It is hard to see what is from which author if you copy. Will try, but
no guaranty I will find all your comments.

> ----------
> BY DL
> How about this?
> Add the copy command to the last action of “building a new site” hence least impact
on the current process?

Yeah why not.

> Question, forrest’s projecthelp option indicates that doing
> forrest
> Or
> forrest site
> produces the same result,

yes, since default ant target is site.

>  that is, to build a new site.
> however, in the forrest.xml file, I don’t see any specification about “site” (action),

forrest/trunk/main/targets$ grep site * -R
site.xml:   <target name="site"

It is an imported target. However which forrest.xml are you talking
about?

>  I see action(target) like “clean”, “clean-site”, “run” etc.  Does that mean
everything else is for building a (new) site (for “site” action)?

No. Some are for building plugins, ...

> And before I do
>   <copy failonerror="false" dir="${project.site-keep-dir-src}"
> todir="${project.site-keep-dir-des}"/>
> I would need to define both project.site-keep-dir-src and project.site-keep-dir-des.
 Would it suffice if I define them in this same forrest.build.xml file before running this
command?

You can do this or define it in an ant properties file like
forrest.properties.

In a current customer project I import all forrest targets in a custom
ant project and calling the site target with different entries points.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"