forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Paterline, David L." <pater...@westinghouse.com>
Subject RE: Pdf output poorly formated (was RE: Bookmarklets: ...)
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:54:00 GMT
Thanks for the quick response. Sorry I got out of synch with my re-post. I
tried reviewing the documentation link you sent me and, after comparing with
my skinconf.xml file, added some PDF-related settings, my PDF file is now
nicely formatted.

Thanks again.

-
David L. Paterline
Principal Engineer
Westinghouse Electric Company
Nuclear Fuel Engineering
Engineering Computing
paterldl@westinghouse.com
PH: 412-374-2286
FX: 412-374-2284

-----Original Message-----
From: Thorsten Scherler [mailto:thorsten@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:54 PM
To: user@forrest.apache.org
Subject: Pdf output poorly formated (was RE: Bookmarklets: ...)

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 13:10 -0500, Paterline, David L. wrote:
> Hello -

Hi David,

I changed the subject to be more topic focused.

> I'm having trouble with the PDF files generated by Forrest 0.7.
>
> The PDF files generated for my site are very poorly formatted, without
> margins on either side of the pages. Therefore, all the content
> stretches from the left physical edge of the page to the right
> physical edge.

Can you open an issue on our issue tracker and add an example of the pdf
outcome.

> Also, within a table where table entries have links, the link text is
> printed within parentheses along with the displayed text.
>
> As far as I know, I have not made any conscious modifications to the
> way PDFs are generated, other than to turn the generation on.

We need to debug it, attach apart from above pdf as well the *.fo file. You
get it like requesting instead of
http://localhost:8888/index.pdf
http://localhost:8888/index.fo

> Has anyone else seen problems like this?

not really.

>  Can someone point me to
> documentation which may help me correct this? Where is the formatting
> and appearance of PDFs controlled?

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/your-project.html#skinconf.xml

scroll till you see
<!-- Settings specific to PDF output.  -->

> Thank you.

you are welcome.

salu2

--