forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POD Plugin
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:03:28 GMT
On 11/20/06, Markus Flach <markus@flach.li> wrote:

> "Brian M Dube" <brian.dube@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Markus Flach wrote:
> > > I would like to use the POD output plugin. is POD similar to PowerPoint?
> > > I added "org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.POD" on my properties file.
> > > I running forrest 0.7. So is there no chance to run the POD Plugin on
> 0.7?
> >
> > In $PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/skinconf.xml <disable-pod-link> needs
> > to be set to false. In the default skin this will provide a POD link.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> Thanks brian
>
> Yeah i did that already. But when i click on the pod link my browser shows
> me only text in the browser window (i'm using Internet explorer 6).
> I guess i don't know for what POD Files really are. Can somebody tell me for
> what can i use pod files. Do i need a plugin in my browser to see those pod
> files?

POD = Plain Old Documentation.  I don't know much about this
particular plugin but I reckon text (in a particular format) is
exactly what it's supposed to display.  We don't have (as far as I
know) anything like a Powerpoint file.  Look for the S5 plugin (again,
that I know little about).  Ferdinand also did a really slick
browser-based slide show using Slidy.

http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.POD/

--tim