forrest-user mailing list archives

From "C. Grobmeier" <grobme...@possessed.de>
Subject Understanding the dispatcher
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 00:32:09 GMT
Hi all,

i have read all docs i could found about the dispatcher. Please correct
me if i didn't understand something correctly.

The Dispatcher is made of three main components, the structurer, the
hooks and the contracts.

Contracts are definitions of functionality. They implement no design
stuff but the can have params etc.

Hooks are nothing else but tags, in which i can write my contracts to
give em CSS. Example:

<forrest:hook name="header">
<forrest:contract name="my-contract" />
</forrest:hook>

Would put the result of my-contract in a div with the class header.

The structurer is used to put the things in place. Means, i want the
menu right, ok no, problem, i put the menu-contract in the hook with the
css things to put everything at the right side.
I can't use a contract in a content-file like index.xml- why? Doesn't it
make sense for some content to have a contract like "show-img" or
something like that?

Is there somewhere a document where i can look what tags i can use in
the structurer? f.e. i mean <forrest:contract> and so on.

I will now read the locationmap stuff, cause i am unsure how to handle:
dataURI="cocoon://#{$getRequest}.toc.xml"
or stuff like "*.navigation.xml". So more i read about dispatcher so
more i understand, but sometimes there are these statement and i don't
know how to use em. Are there other docs which can help me to understand
what happens with this?

Sorry for this questions, but dispatcher is a too great enhancement not
to ask about it. :-)

Thanks,
Chris